Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flat Stanley says goodbye to Hawaii...

I told you the other day about the school project Kent's little cousin sent in the mail.  It was the little paper guy called Flat Stanley that we had to take to a landmark, photograph, and then mail him back. 

Well, his visit to Hawaii is over as of today.  I sent him off with a smile and lots of goodies for the kids in the classroom.  I guess it's the art teacher in me, but when someone gives me a little "project" like that, I can't help but go all out.  I just LOVE to make things cute, colorful, and creative!

All I had to do was send a picture, but I decided to send a little "scrapbook" with about 6 pictures.  It wasn't as much trouble as it sounds, and I enjoyed every second of it.  I used materials I already had at the house like cardstock, stickers, and twine.  It was super simple, but I thought it was kind of cute when I finished.  Think the kids will like it?

I also sent along some "Hawaii" pencils and magnets for the class.  I hope they enjoy them.



Last night, after cleaning my house for what felt like forever, I finally got started on a pastel painting based on some Hawaii scenery that I've photographed during my time here.

Here's a peek at the photo inspiration for my current piece.

I hope to finish this one in the next day or so and start on a new pet portrait.  I'll probably have this one in my shop when I finish, so be sure to check it out.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)