Monday, March 28, 2011

A Pretty Good Book and Two Pitiful People

Although I had grand plans for this past weekend last Friday, something else was in the works.
 
On Friday I had it all planned out in my head.  I would go on a dinner date followed by the bookstore Friday night.

Then, I would spend Saturday here.




With this guy.



Reading this.



Then, Sunday evening, we would climb this.



And see the sunset from the top.




However, those things just weren't to be.... not this past weekend, anyway.

Despite the fact that Kent and I both sat around Friday afternoon with headaches, we did go out to eat and to the book store.  When we got home, though, uuuugggghhhhh.  Headaches were worse, his ear hurt, and I couldn't stand to be around light or noise.

To make a long story short, Kent had a double ear infection and what they thought was a perforated eardrum thanks to the diving he does for work.. Ouch.  I had one of the worst headaches ever that lasted all of Friday and all of Saturday, followed by a feeling of being totally wiped out on Sunday.  (Talk about things not going according to plan... sheesh...)  All weekend, we were two pitiful people.

On a positive note though, since I didn't feel like my head was exploding or being split in two on Sunday, I was able to lay around on the couch like a giant slug and read my new book Fireworks Over Toccoa.  

I found the book to be a SUPER quick and easy read, and like I predicted, it was kind of a combination of Titanic, The Notebook, and The Bridges of Madison County.   It was a love story through and through.  And kind of a bittersweet one.  The plot centers around an 82 year old woman recalling her love story for her granddaughter and a woman who works at a local museum because the museum has something very important to her on display, and she wants it back.  There is also a bit of a sub-plot going on with the granddaughter, but I feel it was left a little high and dry in the end.  All in all, I would say I enjoyed it.  Don't expect too much depth or mystery, as I found it was a bit predictable, but if you're looking for a quick and easy read or a love story with a twist, it may be perfect.  

Now that Kent and I finally feel better, we can finally catch up on the things we didn't get to do over the weekend... like grocery shop... or my dreaded laundry.  After that, maybe I can finally get to work on some new paintings.  I have big plans for something coming very soon, so keep your eyes open!


In the meantime, remember me and my shop for you or the pet lover in your life.... and if you aren't already an "official follower" of this blog, please click on the "Follow" button to the right of this post.  :)  I love knowing who stops by and getting to see comments from you.  


1 comment:

  1. That book is soooo good! I couldn't stop reading it! I hope you enjoy/enjoyed it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)