Monday, April 25, 2011

Puppy Lovin' Paintings

I have a few new paintings to show you today! 

I've been working on these for the past few days, and I think I really like them.  They are painted on tiny and adorable 5"x5" canvases, and each one is designed to celebrate a specific breed of my favorite four-legged pals.  :)

I'm calling this the Puppy Love series, and I hope to have more breeds in the works soon.  I just randomly picked three to get started.  Since these little canvases are so small, and because they are wide enough to stand up on their own, I think they would be perfect to sit on a bookshelf or a desk at work to celebrate our wonderful, furry family members.  Let me know what you think!

The first one is a little Westie on a pink background.
 (I must say, I was inspired to do a Westie because of my new sweet friend Ann-Margaret and her sweet little guy named Tucker.)


Then, there's the little Chihuahua on a cheery green background.




And finally, there's the regal German Shepherd in yellow on a deep navy background.


I hope you guys like them!  I am taking suggestions for the next breeds/color combos, so if you have something you'd like to see, speak up!  :)  (Oh, and I would NEVER want to leave out our marvelous mixed breeds, so if you think you might want one of your sweet mix, take a photo of them so I can get their silhouette, and send it to me at tailstotell [at] live [dot] com.)

Hope everyone's having a magnificent Monday!
Don't forget that today is the last day to sign up for the contest to win a FREE soft pastel pet portrait.  It's super easy.  Click here to see the directions on how to enter.  Don't miss out!

3 comments:

  1. Those are so stinking cute!! I love that idea Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, I just absolutely LOVE this new series!! And, I must say, that I am so very touched to have been part of the inspiration (well, ah...Mr. Tucker and me!! heehee) for the Westie one!! What an honor!! I just saw it yesterday in the shoppe and planned on sending you an email about how cute it is!! It is on my wish list for sure, sweet friend!! You come up many times in my conversations! I just showed this to my hubby yesterday, and he smiled so...I said "You know...my new friend in Hawaii...Lindsay..." He knew!! :)

    Hugs to you girlie!! You've done a beautiful job on these new creations! I think they will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)