Friday, April 1, 2011

Reality Check

So, when I got home just a little bit ago, I realized that someone probably needs to slap me...

I'm afraid I've gotten a little spoiled.  I have really tried not to let it happen, but I'm afraid it's happened anyway... Not cool.  


Why do I say this?


Well, this morning Kent came in around 10:00 and said, "Put your suit on.  We're going to the beach." 

I wanted to go to the beach, but I wanted to go to one on the "Windward" side of the island... not the North Shore.  Kent, however, wanted to attempt surfing, so we went to Hale'iwa (pronounced "holly-ava") on the North Shore of the island. 

It wasn't exactly a perfect and beautiful super sunny Hawaiian day, so I was a little annoyed.  It was a little overcast and cloudy, so I grumbled about finding a spot on the beach where I could lay out and watch Kent try to get up on the board while I read my latest "brain candy" book  (For some reason, the beach close to the area to surf in Hale'iwa has trees with thorns growing all around, and the last few time I've been and laid out, I've literally had a thorn in my rear.)  Today there was not much of a breeze so I staked out a spot under the shade of some trees, set out my towel, started reading and listened to the waves. 

Then it occurred to me.  Wow!  I am really being a spoiled rotten brat!  Get a grip, Lindsay!

Not everybody gets to wake up on a Friday morning and decide, "I'm going to the beach,"  overcast and cloudy or not.

It was then that I decided to take a few snapshots to remind myself that I absolutely do not have it that bad.

I was sitting on the beach seeing this.




And this...



And this...



With this behind me.

All the while, I'm reading my book listening to the waves rhythmically crash right in front of me.


Yeah... I guess it wasn't so bad after all.  I just needed a reality check.  Wake up, Lindsay.  You're at the beach in Hawaii.  You have nothing to complain about.  

I guess we have a tendency to get too comfortable in any situation life hands us.  Then we tend to take things for granted.  This was my little reminder not to do that. 

When Kent finally finished surfing, we went to drop something by a friend's house and I even got to see this beautiful sight...
These guys were just running around wild.  How cool is that?

 We went for Mexican and margaritas after the beach, so I'd say it was a pretty awesome Friday. :)  Hope everyone else had a Friday just as wonderful!

Psssst.... Just a little reminder.  If you have been reading this blog often and you enjoy it at all, show me some love and become an "official" follower.  All you have to do is click "Follow" to the right of this post.  :)  It sure would make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)