Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's Cooking Wednesday: Peachy Cheese Danish

With Mother's Day coming up very soon, I thought I would feature a recipe that would be a good one at a Mother's Day brunch or even for a surprise breakfast in bed for special moms.  I know if I were home, I'd think about making this for my mom and sweet Mimi that lives with my family.   What is it?  Well it's Peachy Cheese Danish.  Yuuuummmmy!



Start by gathering the ingredients.  You'll need 1 tube (8 oz.) of refrigerated crescent rolls, 4 oz. of softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, a little lemon juice, and peach preserves (or a flavor of your choice).  I doubled this recipe when I did it, so that's why you'll see more of than four finished danishes... Is "danishes" a word?  I've never typed it out... Weird...)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and lightly flour a work surface.  Separate the dough into 4 rectangles and seal the perforations. Just pinch and squeeze and mash and whatever you have to do until it doesn't come apart anymore...


Next you can roll or just press them until they are around 7 x 3 1/2 inch rectangles.  Then, in a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and a little lemon juice (just enough to make the mixture creamy... not runny).  Mix it until it's nice and smooth, then spread over each rectangle.  Be careful not to get too close to the edges so you can roll it up without it squishing out all over the place.

Roll each rectangle up from one long side to the other so you end up with what looks like a 7 inch coil.  Pinch the ends to seal them, and loosely coil each piece onto a baking sheet.


 Top each one with a teaspoon or so of preserves, and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a nice golden brown.


For the glaze that goes on top, combine 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1-2 teaspoons of milk.  (Just put the milk in a tiny bit at a time until you reach the desired consistency.) 

 
 Drizzle the glaze over the tops of each, and enjoy!


Is anyone making any special treats for their mom this year?  Any special traditions for Mother's Day?

1 comment:

  1. They don't taste like they would be that easy to make. They are soooooo yummy. As soon as Thom comes home, this will be one of his Sunday morning breakfast treats at least once a month. I wonder if you sprinkled a teeny bit of cinnamon on top of the peach preserves if that would be good too? Thanks, Lindsay, I had no idea these would be so uncomplicated to make. And since I had two of them already, (thanks for being such a sweet doll and bringing me some) I know that they are delicious. Thank you for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)