Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What's Cooking Wednesday: Easy Chicken Enchiladas

I've been dying to try another flavor of the Philadelphia Cooking Creme since I made the Chicken and Broccoli Casserole a few weeks ago.  Since I love Mexican/Southwest style food, I decided to try the Santa Fe Blend.  I found a recipe in a magazine for Easy Chicken Enchiladas, and I thought they sounded pretty darn good, so I gave it a go.  I really liked them, so I thought it would be a good recipe to share with you guys. 

I started by gathering all my ingredients.
You'll need 1 small onion (chopped), 2 tsp. oil, 1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes (drained), 1 tub Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme (divided), 8 flour tortillas (6-inch), and 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts.  

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  

Cook and stir the onions in hot oil in a large skillet on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.


Next, stir in chicken, tomatoes, 3/4 cup cooking creme, and shredded cheese.


Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place it seam side down in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.  


Top with the remaining cooking creme.  (I sprinkled a little extra cheese on mine, too.)


Cover and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated all the way through.

Mmmm....Mmmmm..... They were super yummy!

All in all, I thought it was pretty good for such a super quick and easy recipe.  It would be perfect for a busy evening.  Let me know if you give it a try!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Ummm, I can vouch for this recipe. Miss Lindsay was kind enough to bring some by for Joshua and me to try. It was perfect timing as I had spent all this time outside with the dogs and kids while they tried to show the Lab puppy how much fun a baby pool is and I didn't cook. Joshua and I gobbled these enchiladas up and looked at each other with smiles. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Lindsay. And thank you for keeping us from having to go find some fast food or eat Ramen. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It's a total coincidence that I posted this in time for Cinco de Mayo. I just love Mexican-type food, and this was on the list. :) I guess I got lucky!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)