Thursday, June 2, 2011

Simple Panels, Big Change

After struggling with absolutely no motivation to do anything for the past week (including going to the grocery store, which means I was basically starving until I gave in yesterday and went), I finally got my tail in gear.  I did a major cleaning in my house-- counters, windows, mirrors, toilets, tub (which I loathe), baseboards, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, the whole kit and kaboodle.  Then, I decided it was time to finally make curtains for the guest room. 

Forgive me.  I didn't take pictures during the process because I was in the zone. 

I didn't have a pattern, and I didn't feel like hunting one down, so I just spread my sheet out, measured a little, and started cutting.  I had a plan in mind... I just had to do it. 

About 4 hours later... after measuring, cutting, sewing, ironing, sewing some more, and ironing some more, I had curtains hung!

I decided to go practical and go with panels.  Since the guest room is probably 
the brightest room in the house, I wanted my guests to be able to block out 
some light if they wanted.

I went with drop panel curtains so that I could get the pieces for all the curtains out of one single flat sheet.

And just because I want you to see what's outside the guest room window...
Don't you want to be my guest and see a palm tree outside your window when you wake up?

Finally... you guys know I love some Before and Afters, so here you go.
I had no idea what a big difference these simple little curtains made until I saw this.  What do you guys think?  

I still have to re-do some furniture in this room, but that's for another day.  :)

Hope you're having a great Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. can you come clean my casa? :)

    love those cheerful curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!
    And Erika, I'd love to at least help, but I'm afraid the plane ticket would be a little outrageous... haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)