Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tail Wagging Tuesday: Special Pup Feature- Charlie

This week's special pup belongs to one of my lifelong friends, Jessi.  We've known each other since the first grade, and she and her family are very special to me.  They have been there for so many ups and downs, and I don't know what my family or I would have done without them.  I so appreciate her agreeing to sharing her sweet Charlie with us.  Let's see what she has to say about this sweet guy!

Up close and personal 
What kind of dog is Charlie, and how old is he?
     Charlie is a 2 1/2 year old Labradoodle.

 Day I brought Charlie home...


What is Charlie's story?  How did he come to live with you?
     I began looking for a dog during my second year of teaching. I was living with my parents at the time, and my father was very much against having a dog in the house. I tried several times bringing home furry friends, and he convinced me to take them back to their foster parents. Well... My mom contacted a friend of hers who had this precious, but funny looking dog, Sandy the labradoodle.  I spoke directly to my mom's friend Kristi and decided I would go check out the breeder where she got Sandy. I pulled up to a beautiful farm, a dog heaven! Out came these two stunning caramel colored labradoodles... Then, there HE was. The lady who owned Doodlehouse Labradoodles, Shannon, was holding this furry mocha colored pup. It was instant love! I met the pup at four weeks old and came back to make him mine when he turned 7 weeks old. I hid him from my dad for a week before he found out that there was a puppy in the house. Hahahaha! I know this sounds crazy, I was 23 and was afraid to tell my dad there was a puppy running like crazy in his house. When the pup met my dad he immediately had him wrapped around his little paw! Now my mom and dad call to ask how the grand-dog is doing. 

 First Bath

How did Charlie get his name?
     Deciding on a name is always hard for me, I wanted something to match the goofiness and determination he had. He was a deep brown and starting to get some blonde colored hair around his snout. It hit me... CHARLIE BROWN. He goes by Charlie, but it is a perfect fit just like the old Charlie Brown cartoon, this pup never gives up and somehow has the perfect unconditional love.

Date with Luke and the pup...

Happy St. Patty's Day 2009

What are Charlie's favorite things to do?  Any silly things he does or crazy quirks that make him unique?
     Charlie's NUMBER ONE favorite thing to do is play with his blanket. In yet another connection to the Charlie Brown Cartoon, he drags his blanket EVERYWHERE just like Linus! He carries it to bed, to the living room, to the kitchen, and a couple of times it has made it outside. He also has a perfect way of cuddling at the right time. Charlie has a wonderful personality and I am so glad to have him.

 Snow Day 2010

What makes Charlie so special to you and your family?  Particular times he's really "been there"  or special things he's done?
     The last question led directly into this question... Charlie is a great pup and very protective. He's very special not only for his loyalty, but also for his willingness to let us know if someone is coming up the driveway or if they have entered the yard. He has several different barks: the "hi I'm glad your home," the "can we go outside," the "is it time to eat," or "the warning bark."  Last year in August, our (my husband and I) vehicles were broken into. It was early morning of the first day I was supposed to report to school. The night before I had packed my teacher bag and a few other things into the car so all I would have to do is get up and go. I made my way out to the car and noticed that the bag was missing and all its contents were all over the floorboards. We had several electronics stolen that morning, but the feeling of violation was way worse. Now let me get back to Charlie.... Earlier that morning I noticed around 5:30am or so that Charlie was pacing the floor and was seemingly uneasy. I gave him a rub and he settled down some. He then let out a few barks which was very unusual. My husband got out of bed and looked out the front window where he could see the cars... nothing. Even though our things were never recovered and we still felt violated, Charlie knew something was wrong. I constantly trust him now. Whenever the tone changes in his bark or he is acting "out of the norm" we pay more attention now more than ever. I am very thankful for his love and protection.  

Boat rides are my favorite!

Jessi also has one more fun fact about Charlie...
Charlie just became a big brother! Our neighbor found this little pup near a vet clinic and couldn't keep him. We got him June 6th! the vet said he is a healthy little guy. We don't have a name for him yet... any suggestions? Charlie seems to be taking it well. He has been very patient and willing to play with the pup!

Thanks again Jessi for sharing sweet Charlie with us!

P.S.  If you have a sweet pet that you would like to share, I'd love to have you as our guest!  E-mail me at TailsToTell [at] Live [dot] com, and we will set something up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)