Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm Hooked...

Happy Monday everyone!

I was wondering what I would post today when I realized I haven't said much about the arts and crafts front in a little while.  Last week was full of life updates and my overflowing excitement.  I thought I'd take today to say that I haven't stopped my creativity.  In fact, I'm in the throws of a creative obsession at the moment... and I've already told you about it a little while back.  It's crochet!  For some reason, it has me hooked-- yes, that pun was intended-- and won't let me go right now!  

I haven't had a whole lot to show for it lately because I've been working on a really BIG project... a blanket...
Duke was kind enough to pose for me for scale.  He's 80 some-odd pounds, so you can get an idea of the size of this thing.  (Yet again, today's photos are from Instagram on my iPhone... not the world's best quality.)

      I'm slowly but steadily making progress on that project.  It's just really time consuming, so I don't have much to show you guys just yet. 

    When Kent came home and saw me working on the blanket, he got a little intrigued by the whole crochet process.  He started asking me what all I could make, and I said if I practiced enough, I could make just about whatever.  

He wanted a beanie...which I've always called a sock cap (who came up with "beanie"?!?!)

I searched online until I found the general idea of how to do it, and I just jumped in.  This is what I made.

 
And he really liked it!

He liked it so much, that he wore it to a "get-together" that night... Yes, he is that crazy guy wearing a sock cap in Hawaii....

I told you last week that he's a clown.  These are the faces I get when a camera comes out.
You should see his ID photos.  It's like his personal goal is to make each one more ridiculous than the next, and it's always funny when people have to check his photo ID.  They either get a good chuckle out of it, or if they are a real "tool" and take things too seriously they get mad.  Either way, we get a good laugh. :)

Anyway, that's pretty much what I've been up to.  Oh... and I'm also working on a few paintings, but they are for gifts, so I can't show them just yet.  You'll see them all in good time. 

Hope this week is a good one for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)