Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tail Wagging Tuesday: Special Pup Feature- Keko

This week's special pup belongs to my friend Sarah.  She happens to live in my neighborhood, and we met at the dog park  (I'm telling you... You can meet some awesome people if you just hang out at the dog park!)  She and her husband adopted their sweet Keko when they moved to Hawaii.  Let's see what she has to say about him. :)


What kind of dog is Keko, and how old is he?
     I am not sure what kind of dog Keko is, but that is one thing that I love about him!  He has been to a few different vets, and they all say he might have some Shar-Pei or Rhodesian Ridgeback in him.



What is Keko's story?  How did he come to live with you?
     As soon as my husband and I arrived in Hawaii last July, I knew I wanted a dog of my own. My husband found him off of Craigslist, and we picked Keko up that afternoon from the Marine base. The previous owner seemed to care very little about Keko, so I knew it was meant to be. From what I can gather, Keko was dropped off at the Humane Society when he was just born, and then the previous owner only had him for a few months before I owned him. 



How did Keko get his name?
     I wanted him to have a Hawaiian name since this is where we got him. "Kekoa" means the brave one in Hawaii, but I shortened it to "Keko" because it was too long when I had to say it all the time.



What are Keko's favorite things to do?  Any silly things he does or crazy quirks that make him unique?
     Keko loves to be around people and other dogs. He is a professional sleeper, and can sprint like nobody's business. Keko loves to play catch, but he would rather have somebody chase him while he has the ball instead him of running after it.  He has the best personality I have seen from most dogs, and his facial expressions still makes me laugh every single time something happens to him. Also, he is a huge momma's boy. Oh, he talks back when I playfully get onto him. The first time he did it, I was not for sure how to take it until he started to wag his crazy crooked tail haha :)



What makes Keko so special to you and your family?  Particular times he's really "been there" or special things he's done?
     Keko is like our kid. He is always by my side, and I love it. He listens to me better than my husband which I find extremely amusing :) Keko came with me when I flew back to the mainland because my husband went on a seven month deployment. Keko made every thing easier, and I could always rely on him to put a huge smile on my face. He is very protective of me, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Keko is a huge part of my family, and he is the perfect dog for me :)    


A great big thank you to Sarah for sharing Keko with us!  

P.S.  I'm always looking for new special pets to share!  If you are interested in sharing your sweet "fur baby's" story, e-mail me at TailsToTell [at] Live [dot] com.  I'd love to send you an "interview." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)