Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pools are Cool

I thought today would be as good a day as any to start sharing some of the fun things that happened on my trip home.  It was so wonderful to spend twelve glorious days at home with friends and family.  I only hate that the events of the past few days have overshadowed  some of the leftover joy I still feel about my trip.  Anyhoo... after arriving home on a Thursday afternoon, I spent time with my family until Kent was able to join me on Saturday.  The following day we had a fantastic pool party at his parent's house, and both my family and his were there.  It was amazing!


There was a lot of food (which I didn't photograph because I was too busy eating).
My Mimi and Kent's Gran enjoyed sitting in the shade and chatting...
There were pretty intense ping pong games going on...

And we even set up for a game of volleyball in the pool...

But the most popular game of the day, at least with the guys, was trying to jump and hang on to a giant float...
(It may seem like a funny looking float, but it was made to catch floating rings of different sizes.)

Just so you can see, here are a couple of photos with some of my favorite people.

Like my sister...

my Mimi...

and my Mama.

All in all, the pool party was an awesome way to kick off my week at home.  Seeing our families talking and enjoying each others company was wonderful.  I only wish we could get together like that much more often.

How often do you all have family get-togethers?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your trip home went good. I'm so sorry to read about what you had to come home to. That's so awful and nobody should have to deal with that. I remember our house being robbed when I was probably in the 3rd grade - and that has stuck with me my entire life! it's a horrible feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my family had more get togethers too. At the end of this month my parents and siblings and I will all be together - first time in almost 6 years!!! And as far as my family and Matthews family all getting together.... Well I think Curtis' first bday party will be the first time they will see each other since our wedding, lol. That's great that you and kent's family know each other and can do that. And I also wanted to say how sorry I am abt your house and all you went through. You are one tough gal!! I would have just been in pieces and begged Matthew to somehow come home, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)