Friday, September 2, 2011

Five Things Friday [#5]

I thought today would be a great day to do another Five Things Friday post.  I'm linking up with an idea started by Erika from Rouge and Whimsy.  In an effort to focus on the positive things instead of the negative, I'm listing five good things from my week or five things I'm thankful for.

Here we go....

1.  Even though I was a little shook up last week and barely got any sleep because I kept thinking I heard noises, this week has been better.  I'm settling back into my routine, and with the support of sweet friends here and my furry pals that alert me to anything out of the ordinary, I am feeling more comfortable in my own house again.  

2.  I've been settling back into my regular exercise routine again after a few weeks of sporadic workouts because of traveling and whatnot.  It makes me feel so good to get back to my Spin classes and back into some nice long runs with my four-legged running buddy, Duke.  
3.  I think I've mentioned this one before on another Five Things Friday post, but I'm so happy to have the ability to talk to family on the phone and through Skype.  Knowing that I can just pick up the phone and talk to people six thousand miles away always makes me feel better.  We are so blessed to live in this day and age when it comes to communication.

4.  My renewed inspiration and motivation from my trip home is finally showing up again.  I've cranked out several paintings, I'm in the middle of another little experimental painting for my house, and in the past 24 hours I've created three really pretty beanies (even if I do say so myself).  It feels good to be productive.

5.  My hubby is coming home today!  Even if it's only for a few days, I'll take it.  He's been doing a lot of traveling for training purposes, and he will continue that for the next several months, so I'll take any time I can get.  :)  

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)