Monday, September 26, 2011

New Adventures

Well, despite the fact that we've been living in Hawaii for two years, I had not visited Diamond Head, a volcanic crater that is one of Oahu's most famous landmarks.  Since my brother-in-law is visiting, however, we've been doing more "touristy" things, so we decided to drive on over and check it out.  I didn't think there was much to the "hike" up to the top of the crater, but the view was pretty amazing.


I still can't believe that I'd not been up here in the two years we've lived here...


The views are so amazing...


The view of the city is especially awesome.

Diamond Head crater was formed about 300,000 years ago during a single explosive eruption.  It really is cool seeing the crater from one of its ridges.


I'm sure I'll be going on a few more mini adventures in the coming weeks, and I'll be sure to take some photos to share.  Hope your week is off to a great start!

1 comment:

  1. That is so stunning! Wow, what a gorgeous day to go on an adventure!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)