Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What's the Opposite of a Green Thumb?

What is the opposite of a green thumb?  Whatever it is, I definitely have it.  I can't grow a diddly-dern thing.

Remember the plants I got a while back?  They were so pretty.


I purposefully bought hardy, drought resistant succulents.  You know... the kind of plants that thrive is difficult climates like the desert.  

Well, this is what they look like now.


Ughhh... I stink at trying to have plans.  I know someone will notice that the Aloe plant is still alive and thriving.  Let me show you why.


It's a self-watering pot.  Yep.  It's two pieces.  You fill the bottom piece up with water, and place the smaller piece, which houses the plant, inside.  The inner pot is made of a special clay material that allows water to be absorbed as needed.  Basically, you can't screw it up unless you never refill the bottom portion with water.  

So there's my confession of the day.  I've officially killed two more innocent plants.  From now on, I may have to limit myself only to self-watering pots.  

Does anyone else have this problem?  If you overcame your lack of a green thumb, I'd be very interested to know how.  Or if you have any suggestions for very hard to kill plants, I'd love to hear them. :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I admire people who can keep beautiful gardens and house plants. Neal's mom, sister, and grandma all have nice plants in and around their houses, and I just don't see how they do it. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way! Love that pot! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried pothos ivy plants? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happens to me all the time! I don't have indoor plants because the cats eat them and our outdoor plants are a mess. Glad to have found your shop & blog while doing a search on Etsy.

    ~http://handmadecuties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across your blog and laughed at this post. I have killed most of the types of plants that are listed as "virtually indestructible"... I feel your pain :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Put a smile on my face and show me some love. :-)